Tuesday 11 August 2009

Oh alright then!

Blimey! I just have to introduce you to my two sheep Hope and Charity. They are Coloured Ryelands and are a rare breed. White Ryelands are rare but Coloured ones even more so.

These two have been nagging the life out of me to get their mugs on here :O)

Originally we had three ewes Faith, Hope and Charity, unfortunately Faith died last year and I cried for about a week :O ( We went all the way to Anglesey from Derbyshire to fetch them, and we had been on a waiting list for ages waiting for some to become available. We have bred a few lambs but none this year (Faith died after having twins and I just couldn't face it) The twins did really well we bottle fed them, they survived and now live with my neighbour they are called Fifi and Frank.

I thought I would also put up a picture of them in their winter woolies so you can see how cute they are with their chocolate brown coats on. I just love the white around their muzzles, it looks like they have porridge for breakfast LOL.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow they re so cute I want one or two maybe three hmmmm, I learnt to spin wool at school lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you really? Coloured Ryelands are very highly regarded for the superior quality of their wool. Two of my babies now live a life of luxury in North Wales with a lovely lady who shows them and keeps them for their fleeces.

    ReplyDelete